I didn’t realise this one was a Parenting Hack until the OH saw me making Baby Girl’s breakfast and was in awe. So I figure maybe some other people don’t know about microwave eggs either…
Scrambled eggs is an easy win with pretty much any baby. But let’s not beat around the bush; everyone hates washing a saucepan that’s been used to make scrambled eggs. It sticks like glue to the sides of the pan and hot water just seems to make it worse.
Cue a plastic dish in the microwave…
- Crack an egg into your baby’s plastic bowl; give it a quick whisk with a fork.
- Pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Whisk again.
- Pop it in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
- The mixture should be firming up now, sort of resembling an runny omelette; give it a stir with your fork and separate it a bit.
- Pop it in the microwave for a final 30 seconds to make sure it’s cooked all the way through
- Give it a final stir and break it up with the fork before serving to your bambino.
Best served with toast. Yum, yum.
- I crack the egg over two cherry tomatoes, chopped, & one baby courgette & Baby Girl gobbles it all up. But you could try any veggies your little one likes, see if they work. Not only is she getting veggies (though beware, the microwave does zap some of goodness) but it makes it a larger portion, keeping her fuller for longer.
- Grate some cheese into the mixture before you ‘cook’ it – always a winner.
And that’s pretty much it. A great little store cupboard recipe that you can throw together in the blink of an eye. You’re welcome!